Students can build a strong credit history while earning rewards with the Wells Fargo Student Credit Card. Also known as the Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa, this card offers unlimited cash rewards with no annual fee attached. Cardholders also enjoy a 0% purchase and balance transfer APR for six months amongst other benefits.
Wells Fargo Student Credit Card Offers
- Earn 3% cash rewards on gas, grocery, drugstore purchases for the first six months.
- Earn 1% cash rewards on all other purchases with the Wells Fargo Student Credit Card.
- There are no limits to rewards you can earn, and you can redeem them for cash back directly into your Wells Fargo account. To make the most of your rewards from Wells Fargo Student Credit Card, you need to pay your balance in full every month so as to avoid paying interest on your purchases. Paying your bill with this card also qualifies you for the Wells Fargo Cellular Telephone Protection that covers damage or theft of your phone.
Wells Fargo Student Credit Card Fees
- Annual Fee – None
- Purchase APR –0% for 6 months; then 11.40% to 21.40%.
- Balance Transfer APR –0% for 6 months; then 11.40% to 21.40%
- Cash Advance and Overdraft Protection APR: 24%.
- Balance Transfer Fee – 3% of the transfer or $5 for the first six months; then 5% or $5.
- Cash Advance Fee -$10 or 5%
- Overdraft Protection Advance Fee – $12.50 for advances less than $50; $20 for advances over $50.
- Foreign Transaction Fee – 3%
- Late Fee – Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee – Up to $37.
If approved for the Wells Fargo Student Credit Cards, you can link your cards to your checking account for overdraft protection. However, overdraft advances will be charged a fee of $12.50 or $20 depending on the amount of the advance. Overdraft advances are also charged a higher interest rate than purchases. While linking your account to your checking account can prevent expensive overdraft fees with your checking account, it can potentially get expensive. Thus to be on the safe side, avoid overdrafts.
Wells Fargo Student Credit Cards Additional Information
- Mobile payment options with Android Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Zero fraud liability, Rapid alerts and verified by Visa to ensure your account is safe.
- Receive free email or text message alerts for when you approach your credit limit, payment and more.
- Access your account balance and transaction details, pay bills and more from your mobile device or computer.
- Roadside dispatch, Travel and emergency assistance services, Auto rental collision damage waiver and cell phone protection.