Wells Fargo Cash Back Card is ideal if you’re looking to earn cash rewards with no annual fee and low introductory APR. The card offers 1% cash rewards on every $1 spent in purchases. For the first six months, cardholders get 5% cash back on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases. You’ll want to use your card the most for those purchases during the introductory period.
Rewards don’t expire and can be redeemed in $25 increments into your Wells Fargo Savings or Checking Account, applied as a credit to your Wells Fargo Cash Back Card, or sent to you as a paper check. You can even redeem your rewards for travel and other perks, but you have to visit mywellsfargorewards.com to view the redemption options available.
- There’s no annual fee on the Wells Fargo Cash Back Card, which means you can enjoy the rewards at no cost as long as you pay your balance in full after the interest-free period is up.
- Cardholders enjoy 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then 12.40 to 26.40% depending on your creditworthiness. During the introductory period, balance transfers are charged the greater of $5 or 4% of the transfer. After that transfers are charged up to 5% balance transfer fee.
- The cash advance and overdraft protection APR is 24.24% to 26.24% based on your creditworthiness. Cash advances are charged a fee of $10 or 5% of the advance.
- The foreign transaction fee is 3%, which is on par with most other credit cards.
- Late payments and returned payments are charged up to $37.
- You can link your credit card to your checking account for overdraft protection, but be aware that the overdraft balance will be charged 24.24% to 26.24% interest, plus up to $20 overdraft protection fee.
- Pay your cell phone bill with your Wells Fargo Credit Card and receive cellular phone protection. The benefit may allow you to cancel any protection plan you have with your cell phone provider and save money on your bill each month.
When it comes to cash back credit cards, there are better options: Discover pays up to 5% cash back all year round in categories that rotate each quarter. The Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Card pays 2% on gas, 3%on groceries, and 1% on everything else.
If you have a home mortgage with Wells Fargo, you might be interested in the Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card. You earn 1% back on your spending, credited to your Wells Fargo mortgage loan. Over time, that works out to a lot more than 1% back.
If you have poor credit or are rebuilding credit and think you need a secured card, check out the Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card. It’s one of the best-secured credit cards on the market.