If you are looking for a prepaid card with similar features as a credit card, Walmart MoneyCard is one of the best. This low-priced card from Walmart offers gas rewards, cash back rewards and so much more.
The Walmart MoneyCard is reloadable and can be used to make electronic purchases everywhere MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted. Use your card for the direct deposit and get paid up to two days early.
Walmart MoneyCard Rewards
While most prepaid cards charge fees, the Walmart MoneyCard pays cash back rewards based on the purchases you make on your card. Earn 3% at Walmart.com, 2% at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, and 1% at Walmart stores. The total cash back you can earn is capped at $75 and is credited to your account at the end of the Reward Year.
To earn your rewards, you must have paid your monthly charge or have had it waived in a period of 12 months.
How to Reload Money Onto Your Card
There are a few ways to reload funds onto your Walmart MoneyCard.
- Firstly, Direct deposit.
- Secondly, Walmart check cashing. Load a payroll or government check in any amount from $20 to $2,999.
- Thirdly, Rapid Reload with cash at participating Walmart stores. Load any amount from $20 to $1,100.
- Using a MoneyPak, which can be purchased for $5.95 at a participating retailer. Add $20 to $500.
- Lastly, online bank transfers from your bank to your card. Up to $200.
The maximum daily cash reload limit is $2,999. You can’t reload any cash onto your card if your current balance is over $2,999. You can only have a maximum of $10,000 on your card at any time, and you can only use your card for $3,000 in daily transactions for checks. However, you can send up to $7,500 with the Bill Pay Service. You can only withdraw $400 from an ATM and $1,000 from a Walmart register daily.
Walmart MoneyCard Pricing
- Card Purchase Fee $1.00
- Monthly Charge* $5.00
Direct Deposit Reload No fee
- Reload via Walmart check cashing No fee
- Rapid Reload $3.00
- Reload with cash on the Green Dot Network Up to $4.95
- ATM Withdrawal $2.50
- ATM Balance Inquiry $0.50
- Cashback with purchase No fee
- Walmart card cashing No fee
- Replacement card $3.00
- Foreign transaction fee 3%
- Same day online bank transfer $2.95
- Standard online bank transfer No fee
While there are lots of potential fees, most of them can be avoided. After you’ve purchased your card, it’s possible to use it for absolutely free. For instance, you can have your monthly charge waived when you’ve loaded $1,000 or more to your card during the previous monthly period.