Amazon is the world’s biggest online retail store with a very large customer base. If you are part of this large customer base, then, you need to get your hands on the Amazon Store Card. The Card guarantees cash back as high as 5% for every purchase amongst other benefits. To qualify for the Amazon Store Card, all you need to do is to upgrade to Prime membership.
Amazon introduced this Card in 2015 for their Prime Members to enable them to derive benefits from all their transactions. You have the option of cash back or a flexible payment plan. This store credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank and charges no annual fee. Before you make up your mind, let’s look at the Pros and Cons of using this Card.
The Pros | Amazon Store Card
- 5% cash back on Amazon purchases less than $149.
- Instead of 5% cash back you can choose six months of 0% financing interest on Amazon purchases of $149 or more.
- 5% cash back or 12months of 0% financing on Amazon purchases of $599 or more.
- 5% cash back or 24months of 0% financing on select items sold by Amazon.
- 12- month equal pay offer during eligible promotions: 0% financing until paid in full with 12 equal monthly payments.
- 26.24% purchase APR.
- No annual fee: As of 4/1/17 variable purchase APR was 26.74% minimum interest $1.50.
- Zero Fraud Liability. This means you will not be held responsible in the event of unauthorized use. But you have to agree that unauthorized use does not include use by a person to whom you have given authority to use the account or card and that you will be liable for all use by such a person.
The Cons | Amazon Store Card
Despite its numerous benefits, the Amazon Store has a few cons you should be aware of:
- Any default on the payment plan results in higher payment. The ability to pay for a big purchase without interest for at least half a year sounds exciting but if you default, you’ll end up with a much larger bill than you bargained for.
- The Amazon store card can only be used at Amazon. That’s the limitation of this credit card.
Obviously, the pros outweigh the cons. So, stand out from the crowd; step up to Prime membership and enjoy all the amazing benefits that come with the Amazon Store Card.