United Explorer Credit Card offers 40,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. This is one of the best travel cards out there. It charges no foreign transaction fees and annual fee is waived for the first year.
United Explorer Credit Card is issued by Chase with complimentary travel insurance as well as purchase insurance covers. Apply online to get access to benefits.
United Explorer Credit Card Benefits
- Firstly, earn 40,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Secondly, enjoy $400 Travel Credit, each year, which you can use on a single booking made with American Express Travel. Note, this travel credit is available once you have paid the $395 annual fee for that year, and have met the minimum repayment requirements on your last statement.
- Thirdly, there’s complimentary airport lounge passes.
- Cardholders enjoy complimentary travel insurance that covers, Medical Emergency Expenses Cover, Travel Cancellation Cover, Baggage, Money and Documentation Cover and Travel Inconvenience Insurance Cover. You can access this, when you pay for your return overseas travel with this card.
- Next, you are granted access to a hotel credit of up to USD$100 and a complimentary room upgrade, where available, when you book at least 2 consecutive nights at selected hotels using your card.
- Get up to $500 for screen repairs, if you accidentally break your smartphone screen
- Access mobile contactless payments
- Lastly, shop with peace of mind with purchase protection, refund protection, an online fraud protection guarantee and a buyers advantage policy, that can extend the manufacturers warranty by up to 12 months on eligible items purchased using the card.
United Explorer Credit Card Fees/Rates
- Annual Fee – $395 p.a.
- Balance Transfer Rate – 0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee
- Balance Transfer Limit – 70% of available credit limit
- Maximum Balance Transfer Amount – $10,000
- Purchase Rate (p.a.) – 20.74% p.a.
- Interest Free Period – Up to 55days on purchases
- Minimum Credit Limit – $3,000
- Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX) – 3% of transaction value.
- Balance Transfer Revert Rate – Purchase Rate (20.74% p.a.)
How to Apply for United Explorer Credit Card
To be eligible to apply;
- You must be at least 18 of age
- A minimum income of $65,000 or more, gross (pre-tax) annual income is required.
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (Subclass 457)
- No history of bad debt or payment default.
How to Apply
- Scroll to American Express secure application page
- Key in the following; Title, Legal first name, Middle name (optional), Legal last name, Email address, Mobile phone number, Home phone number, DOB, Driver’s license number (optional), Residential Street address
- How long have you lived at this address?
Your annual salary before tax
- Tick the box, if you have another American Express Issued Card
- Tap on the “Save & Continue” tab.
How to Recover Lost or Stolen Card
To recover a lost or stolen card, call at 1300 660 562, in Australia or by contacting the nearest American Express Travel Service or office overseas.
How to Activate Explorer Credit Card
- Scroll to americanexpress.com
- On the welcome page, enter your 4 Digits Card ID, 15 Digits Card Number
- Tap on “Confirm” option
- On the next page, enter your account and basic contact details, you provided while you started the account
- Lastly, tap the “Finish” button.
Over the Phone
To activate your card, call at 1300 660 562.
How to Login United Explorer Credit Card
- Scroll to the login page
- Enter your User ID and Password
- Tap on the “Log In” link.
How to Recover User ID or Password
- Scroll to the login page, and tap on the “Forgot User ID or Password” link
- Enter your 15-digit number on the front of your card.
- Enter your 4-digit Card ID
- Tap on the “Continue” button
- In the next step, you are to retrieve your User ID
- Step three, Verify Identity
- Lastly, update your password.
How to Make Bill Payment
- Scroll to the card page
- Choose any method of payment that suits you and pay your outstanding bills before the due date.
Customer Service Number
Call: 1300 660 562, for general info and enquiries on Explorer Credit Card.