Are you a frequent air traveler? Then, you need to discover the best airline credit cards for domestic and international travel. These cards will give you access to airline spending bonuses, elite status spending bonuses, reduced mileage awards, priority boarding, priority award space, mileage refunds, anniversary mileage bonuses, and free checked bags.
You even can save towards your next flight with these cards. If you will like to know the best airline credit cards for domestic and international travel, check them out below;
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard | Best Airline Credit Cards For Domestic And International Travel
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard is designed for people who do not want to be restricted to any particular airline. It is also good for anyone who travels internationally and wants to have higher reward rates. This card offers a lot of benefits for just an $89 annual fee after the first year (the first year is free).
- 2 miles for every $1 spent on anything be it travel or food or anything.
- 50,000 miles sign-up bonus if you spend $3,000 within the first three months of getting signed up for the card.
- Your miles never expire as long as you have your account active and open.
- 0 percent on balance transfer for the first year.
- No foreign transaction fee like most other cards.
- You can 5 percent miles back every time you redeem your rewards.
- Not a good idea for someone who spends less than $4,200 per year on travel credit cards.
- Not the best for someone who wants to transfer reward points or miles to other loyalty programs.
BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card | The Best Airline Credit Cards For Domestic And International Travel
With absolutely no annual fee, BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card is another attractive option for air travelers. It is a great fit for international travelers. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card is not recommended for a traveler who does not own a Bank Of America bank account.
- Get 1.5 points for every $1 spent on any purpose
- The chance for higher reward rates if you already have a Bank of America account. Based on the average balance you maintain in your Bank of America account, you will get an increased reward rate. If you maintain an average of $50k plus the balance in your account, your bonus rates will climb from 2.25 percent to 2.625 percent. This amount is significantly higher than all other travel credit cards.
- EMV chip and absolutely no transaction fees make the card perfect for international travelers.
- No annual fee.
- Just 1.5 for non-account holders is lower than most other airline credit cards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card | The Best Airline Credit Cards For Domestic And International Travel
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is one of the best airline credit cards available right now. While its annual fee is $95, the first year is fully waived for the cardholder. Having a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is good for foreign travel, to a big sign-up bonus and flexible rewards.
- Unlike most airline cards, you can use the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card in numerous ways such as earning 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and restaurant dining and 1 point for every $ spent on other things.
- When you use Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to book your trips, your rewards points will be worth 25 percent more. In other words, cardholders get a 20 percent discount when they book their flights using their Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
- You can also transfer Chase Sapphire Preferred Card reward points for 1:1 to more than ten other frequent flyer and hotel loyalty programs including Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Southwest Airways, and United Airways.
- You get 50k bonus points spending $4,000 within the first three months of getting the card.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Premium travel protection benefits.
- No free checked bags for cardholders
- No priority boarding service for cardholders
- Not the best when you use a single airline most of the time as having a co-branded credit card from your preferred airline will be most advantageous.
Lufthansa Premier Miles & More MasterCard | The Best Airline Credit Cards For Domestic And International Travel
Do you fly with Lufthansa frequently? Then, Lufthansa Premier Miles & More MasterCard is for you. Issued through Barclaycard, Lufthansa’s US-branded credit card comes with a sizeable sign-up bonus with new cardholders being eligible for up to 50,000 bonus points. Cardholders can get up to $500 worth of bonus miles. If you are someone who flies to and from Europe quite frequently, the Lufthansa Premier Miles & More MasterCard is a perfect option. The card has a $79 yearly fee.
- The biggest advantage of the Miles and More card is the companion ticket or pass. The cardholder will qualify for the companion ticket after the first purchase annually and after that.
- Cardholders get two award miles per $1 spent on air ticket purchases using Miles And More Card. Again, cardholders get one award point for each $1 devoted to non-ticket purchases.
- After the first purchase or balance transfer, cardholders get 20,000 bonus award miles
- After spending $500 or more within the first three months of signing up for the cards, the cardholder gets 30,000 award miles as a bonus.
- In addition to using the card for flights and upgrades on Lufthansa, the holder can use his or her reward points in other airlines including SWISS Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Austrian Airlines, and all other Star Alliance flights.
- $5,000 spending within three months might be a little too much for many to get the 30,000 award miles.
- Not best for flying to and from other continents other than Europe.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card | The Best Airline Credit Cards For Domestic And International Travel
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card might not be the most popular airline credit card out there, but it is best for people who spend less than $10k on their cards in domestic travels. The card has a $69 annual fee.
- Cardholders earn 40,000 reward points spending just $1,000 within the first 90 days. No other airline credit card offers this excellent signup deal.
- 2 points on every $1 spent on Southeast and all its participating hotels and car rentals. And 1 point on other purchases.
- No seat restrictions or blackout dates
- First bag check for first and second bags
- No change fees
- Cardholder earns unlimited points as long as the card is open and active
- 3,000 reward points after the anniversary every year.
- A 3 percent fee for every purchase for international travel is one of the top reasons many people who travel internationally do like this card.
- Because Southwest is not a member of any of the three major alliances, there is no way to combine points with trips taken on other airlines.
JetBlue Plus Card | The Best Airline Credit Cards For Domestic And International Travel
Having a JetBlue Plus Card can be a good deal for travelers who spend at least $920 on JetBlue flights annually. It comes with some attractive benefits, but the $99 annual fee is one of the highest among all airline credit cards.
- Just like Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, JetBlue Plus Card offers 30,000 reward points if the cardholder spends at least $1,000 within first 90 days of signing up.
- You earn 6 points on every $1 spent on JetBlue flights. You also earn 2 points per $1 spent on groceries and 1 point per $1 devoted to other things.
- No expiry dates for reward points
- 5,000-anniversary reward points
- No foreign transaction fee like Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
- The option of sharing reward points with family pooling
- No fees for the first checked bag.
- Due to having very few alliances, JetBlue points are not as flexible as most other airline credit cards.