Do you know about the Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge online program? This Texas Department of Public Safety is owned by the Texas state government. It is designed to help the inhabitants of Texas make payments and check their current surcharge account. They specialize in vehicle regulation and law enforcement. Their head office is in Austin, Texas, United States.
This website is open 24/7 and you can access it even with your mobile phone. It is very easy to navigate and you can process payments within 48 hours. Once you pay, your driving history will take within 5 days to update. The Texas Surge website is a free service website; customers do not have to pay for using it.
However, before you go ahead to the website, make sure you have the followings:
- A valid checking, money market or savings account.
- You must have a debit or credit card be it MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- A Reference Number from the Surcharge notice letter.
- Current Texas driver’s license or ID Number.
Steps to follow in order to access the Texas Surcharge portal
- Go to txsurchargeonline.com.
- On the top of the page, click on the ‘’Online Services’’ link.
- Enter your Driving License or ID number.
- Also, enter your date of birth in order of month, day, and year.
- Your last name as it is on the Driver License or ID Card.
- Enter your 5 digit zip code
- Click the Login button.
Furthermore, if you have a challenge, there is an option for you. Call the Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882. You can speak to Program Specialists from Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 9 pm. Also, on Fridays, call from 8 to6 pm. Saturday 8-12 pm.
Additionally, you can use the contact form on the website to send a report through email.
To send the mail, fill the following details on the contact form:
- Your first name
- Last name
- Driver’s license or ID Number
- Surcharge Reference Number
- Email address
- Daytime phone number
- Enter the challenge you are facing or the question you have
- Click on the submit button.
Lastly, it is important to know that there are some days that Texas Surcharge Online closes. These days include: