Rakuten Credit Card is one of the easiest cards a foreigner can get. Rakuten is the global innovation and entertainment partner of FC Barcelona; the Mastercard offers 3% back on rakuten.com purchases and 1% everywhere else.
Rakuten Credit Card is issued by First Bankard. It charges no annual fee for card usage.
Rakuten Credit Card Benefits
- Get 3% back in Rakuten Super Points™ (RSP) on Rakuten.com
- Get 1% back in RSP on purchases made elsewhere.
- Charges no annual fee.
Rakuten Credit Card Fees/Rates
- Annual Fee – None Charged
- Balance Transfer Fee – 5% ($10 minimum)
- Cash Advance Fee – 5% (%15 minimum)
- Foreign Transaction – 3%
- Late Payment Fee – $37
- Returned Payments Fee – $35
- APR – from 17.24% to 24.24%, depending on applicants creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR – 26.49%
How to Apply for Rakuten Credit Card
Application forms will re-open soon. Keep checking via an official webpage. Here is the application process;
- Firstly, go to the Rakuten website and tap on the red easy application button
- Secondly, choose a card type and design
- Thirdly, key in your name, Birthday, Gender, Phone number, Email address
- Fourthly, consent to Rakuten newsletter (Optional)
- Also, enter your Address, Family situation, Housing
- You are to check left if you are paying off a loan, and right if you are not. check “Yes”, if someone else is living in your house
- In the employment section, the following is required; Employment, Annual income, Savings, Invoice, Reason for application
- Set your preferences by stating your; Revolving payment (Optional) Withdrawal limit, Loan, the second, Additional card, ETC card (Optional), EDY function (Optional), EDY, automatic charge (Optional), Bank account, Pin number
- Key in your company name, Prefecture (of your workplace), Phone number at workplace, Time at the company, Job type, Employment status, Industry, Driver’s license (Optional)
- This next step requires you to create a Rakuten account
- Next link your bank account; Choose your bank, Key in branch and account type
- This last step needs you to confirm the information you have keyed in, Add a password for Rakuten e-navi (Optional)
- Finally, click on the red button, once you are ready
- Hold on for your identity-check
- Lastly, hold on to your card.
How to Activate Rakuten Mastercard Credit Card
To activate your newly acquired Rakuten Mastercard credit card;
For those not enrolled in Online Banking;
- Activate your card in the end of enrollment wizard
For those already enrolled in Online Banking;
- Sign into your account
- Choose “Activate Your Card” from the “Action Items” box or from the “Account Services” link on the left side of the page.
How to Login Rakuten Mastercard Credit Card
To login Rakuten Mastercard credit card;
- Scroll to the Rakuten login page
- Key in your User ID
- Tap on the “Log in” link.
- Scroll to First Bankard login page
- Key in the following; First name, Middle Initial, Last name
- Key in your User ID or Email address
- Tap on the “Submit” button.
How to Make Rakuten Mastercard Credit Cards Bill Payment
- Sign in or enroll in online banking
- Use the “Make A Payment” feature situated on the account dashboard right after you log in.
Schedule each payment to be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due date. To do this;
- Firstly, sign in or enroll in online banking
- Secondly, tap on the “Payments & Transfers button
- Thirdly, tap on the “Enroll” button next to the account you desire to enroll in under the “AutoPay” section.