Platinum Card from American Express Review
Get lost in the world of luxury with the Platinum Card from American Express. The Card offers high rewards and benefits to high-end users. If you normally book your flights and hotels through American Express Travel, you can earn bonus points with the Platinum Card. If you normally lodge in the best hotels, this Card can offer you automatic upgrades and amenities that will make your stay worthwhile. The following Platinum Card from American Express Review makes it a must-have travel card for everyone that loves luxury.
Platinum Card from American Express Card Benefits
- Firstly, earn 5 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent on airfare bought directly from airlines or booked through American Express Travel; earn 5 points per $1 spent on hotels booked on amextravel.com and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
- Secondly, earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months; this is due to the signup bonus that has been boosted by 50% when you use the Platinum Card from American Express. Terms Apply.
- Get $200 a year in credit to offset airline incidental expenses such as baggage fees or in-flight purchases. The credit applies to a single airline you choose – it can be changed once a year- but you can’t use it for airfare.
- You can be reimbursed once every four years for the application fee for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre-Check ($85)
- Get access to more than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, including American Express’ own Centurion Lounges and International American Express lounges, as well as Delta’s Sky Clubs and Priority Pass Select and Airspace lounges. It’s the best lounge access of any premium card.
- Next, the platinum card hotel perks include Gold status in both the Starwood Preferred Guest and Hilton Honors programs
- Lastly, book two or more consecutive nights at a property in AmEx’s Hotel Collection, and get an instant upgrade, if available, and a $75 credit for dining, spa, resort, or other activities at a hotel. AmEx says rooms at Hotel Collection hotels are $150 a night and up, depending on location.
- Firstly, book a stay at one of AmEx’s Fine Hotels & Resorts and get upgrades and amenities worth approximately $550 per stay. This includes automatic room upgrades, if available, early check-in, late checkout, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and amenities unique to each property. The hotels in this collection are ultra-high-end.
- With this card, you get $200 worth of Uber credits every year. The credits are issued on a monthly basis- $15 each month and $35 in December. Note: They don’t roll over, if you don’t use them in the month they are issued, you lose them. You also get Uber VIP status, if you live in a city where that matters.
- American Express’s new Global Dining products promise cardholders access to special dining experiences, special reserved seating, and culinary events.
- It’s By Invitation Only program is also expanding according to the issuer, this can get you into special events or members-only, VIPs special events such as Wimbledon and Kentucky Derby.
- This card has no foreign charges, which is good for a travel card.
How to Apply for the Platinum Card from American Express
Meet the eligibility requirements
- Firstly, confirm you meet the age specified (you must be over 21 years of age to obtain the Platinum card from American Express).
- Secondly, obtain your credit report, a Platinum card from American Express credit score
- Bring any current credit accounts into good standing
- Confirm the card’s annual fee to be sure you can handle it
- Scan the website for the particular country you are in to verify any other detail that applies to your country.
- Lastly, choose a method for application, you can apply for the card online, or by phone, although online is quicker.
To apply by a phone call at 877-621-2639.
To apply online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the website to apply
- Choose the Platinum card from American Express and tap “Apply now”
- Fill in the important information.
- Verify your information and submit the application.
Customer Service Platinum Card from American Express
Call, toll-free in the U.S. at 1-800-528-2122 for credit card theft and other inquiries.