Crossing across borders and making international traveling can be easy with a Nexus card. With Nexus card activation, cardholders can enjoy and make traveling easier. It even it allows their customer freedom from the migration process, which enhances faster and simpler visit.
So, end that stress in traveling with an activated Nexus card. Your visit to Canada and the U.S.A. is just with a flick of a card. It serves as a passport in visiting these two countries. To activate your card, follow the steps below;
Nexus Card Activation | How to Activate Nexus Card
Activating your card is the first thing to do after receiving your Nexus card. It gives life to the card and empowers you to make your easy travelings. Let your activated Nexus card be your guide in across borders activities. It is able to lead and make all things easy for you. If you just received your Nexus card, follow the step by step process below to activate your card;
Nexus Card Activation By Trusted Traveler Programme (TTP) Website
- First, the customer needs to log in to their account by visiting the TTP website and using your login.gov profile.
- Then, the customer has to agree to the Terms and Conditions of allowing the TTP website. If you don’t agree to the terms and conditions, you can’t go to the next page.
- After that, the customer needs to click the “Activate Membership Card” button which is located below the Program Membership text. If you are not sure where it is, press CTRL and F on your keyboard at the same time, and then type in “Activate.” You will have to hit enter and the “Find” function of your browser will find the text for you.
- Finally, the customer requires to share the required information, which you can find on the back of your NEXUS Card.
- Once, you follow all the steps you will get a notification about completing Nexus Card activation successfully.
- Note:- Please note that Global Entry cards are only needed for land border crossings. Their activation or receipt is not required to receive air benefits, which can be used immediately upon approval.
- If you got an error code 200: that means that you have already registered your PASSED to another email with login.gov. If you do not remember the email or password, you need to contact login.gov.