If Mercury Insurance is available in your state and you are a driver, go for it, it is super affordable. Mercury insurance comes with some discounts and low premiums. It is perfectly ideal for people who need mechanical breakdown insurance. However, if you need excellent service, this may not be your best service. If you are looking for an online quote, you may need to search elsewhere.
Moreover, mercury has some optional coverage available which the customers can add to a standard legally required policy. It is important to also know that coverage options depend on the state one is in and what the state permits. One unique feature of mercury is that it has a mechanical protection endorsement. Many insurance companies do not offer this.
Furthermore, if you are a driver with Mercury Auto insurance, you will get the followings:
Mercury Mechanical Protection:
This will cover major failures in your vehicle such as transmission problems. It has a lot of coverage levels for both new and used vehicles for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles. Additional benefits without extra costs include:
- Trip interruption coverage
- Road hazard tire protection
- Rental vehicle assistance
- 24-hour service assistance
Roadside Assistance: here, standard drivers have access to towing, battery recharge, tire changes, and locked door openings. Customers can choose coverage from $75 to $1,000 per occurrence.
Rental Car Coverage: this coverage reimburses drivers for the cost of renting a vehicle if their car is involved in an accident. A driver can choose the lower end beginning at $30 per day or the higher-end being at $100 per day for a maximum of 30 days.
Mercury Insurance Discounts
You get a discount for mercury insurance when:
- Firstly, you own a home even if it is not insured by mercury.
- Secondly, a customer finalizes an auto policy with a digital signature.
- Thirdly, a student who is a customer maintains a high-grade point average.
- Also, you equips the insured vehicle with an anti-theft device.
- You have multiple types of coverage with mercury. This may include auto and home insurance.
- Insuring multiple vehicles with mercury.
- Signing up for mercury’s Real Drive Program gives you a 5% discount. Read Drive tracks miles drives and fewer miles leads to fewer coverage rates. If your circumstances have been affected, sign up for Real Drive.
Mercury Insurance Quotes
It is important to know that Mercury insurance has a more affordable average minimum and full coverage. If you need full coverage for your car, mercury is a great option for you. If you meet their discount criteria, you even have a better option for discounts.
A lot of policyholders complain about its homeowner services. They complain of consistent service delays. In California, where Mercury has a large market share, she was rated 14th out of 16 insurance companies.
Further, mercury permits its customers to enjoy a limited number of home insurance add-ons. But homeowners can get more chances for this customization with other insurance companies with a little more money. The insurance add-ons include:
Service Line Protection: gives homeowners $10,000 coverage for damage to the exterior and underground service lines. This is an uncommon add-on. Coverage goes for the followings:
- Ground loop piping
- Sewage piping linked to a public sewer
- Pipes connected to a public water supply
- Power lines
- Piping that supplies compressed air
- And piping that gives heating in the form of natural gas and propane.
Extended Replacement Cost:
This gives the policyholder an additional 50% of coverage in excess of their dwelling coverage. This protects them against a sudden rise in the cost of material or labor when a lot of homes are damaged in the same area.
Identity Theft Protection: policyholders get up to $25,000 in coverage for expenses that they make as a result of identity theft. You can seek reimbursement in any of these: lost income, notaries, attorney fees, mailing costs, and loan application fees.
Additional coverage for valuables includes jewelry, firearms, art, and furs. These ones can only be covered fractionally by a standard policy.
Mercury insurance home discounts
Homeowners can save from the following discounts:
- Purchasing coverage for a new home
- Having a home with safety features
- Bundling home and auto policies with mercury insurance
- Owning a home constructed with fireproof materials
- Living in a home in a gated community.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. You can ask your questions in the comment section.