Do you know that you can create a custom URL for your Facebook Group?
This is just like the way you do it with Facebook Pages. Creating a Custom URL for your Facebook group is a great way of helping people to easily find and join your group. Instead of telling people whom you want to invite to your group stories, just drop the URL, when they click on it, they will see details about your group and take the necessary action. In this case, it saves you time and energy. Now, you understand why people create a Custom URL for their Facebook Group.
Also, for individuals who want to promote their Facebook Groups on business cards or on your online profile, it will be easier for customers to remember and find you. The steps are very simple to follow. Please read along.
How to Create a Custom URL for a Facebook Group
Take the steps below to create a Custom URL for your Facebook Group:
- Login to your Facebook account and go to the group.
- Proceed to access your Group Setting. Here, click on the 3 dots (…) on the top-right of your Facebook Group. Then, choose Edit Group Settings.
- Locate the Customize Address button in the Facebook Group Customize Address section.
- In the Web Address section, click the Change Address button.
- After that, set your page URL in the popup window.
- Go ahead to edit Facebook Group URL.
- Enter a name in the “facebook.com/groups/” box. The name you enter into this box will allow users to gain quick access to your Facebook Group by setting it as your custom URL.
it is important to know that the minimum length for a URL is 5 characters. Only alphanumeric (A-Z and 0-9) and the dot (.) character is allowed. Any other thing outside these is not allowed.
If you have a Facebook group that you intend to promote, go ahead, and create a Custom URL for it. It will help you a great deal. I hope you found this article very resourceful? Please leave your questions in the comment section below.