We use PDFs to distribute documents so that all parties involved can get it. However, many people do not know how to convert their PDF to a Microsoft Word Document. In this article, you will learn how to do it in the best possible way. Also, the process is quite simple. Just pay attention.
Convert a PDF to a Word Document Using Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC
You can use Adobe’s own Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC both to convert PDF files to Word documents. However, it is not free. The full standard version (Windows only) runs $12.99 per month and a pro version (Windows and Mac) runs $14.99 per month. Also, they both demand an annual commitment.
However, Acrobat Reader DC is free. But you’ll pay about $1.99 per month fee to be able to convert PDFs to other formats, like Word. Acrobat is the most trust-worthy way to change your PDFs to Word documents since it tends to maintain formatting perfectly. If you are converting a whole lot of documents, use it.
How to Convert PDF to a Microsoft Word Document
Follow the steps below to convert PDF to Microsoft Documents.
- To start with, open up the PDF in Acrobat. On the right side of the window, click the “Export PDF” command.
- Next, choose the “Microsoft Word” option on the left. On the right, choose “Word Document” converts the PDF to a modern Word document in the DOCX format. Choose “Word 97-2003 Document” converts the PDF to the older DOC format.
- Click the “Export” button.
- On the next page, choose where you want to save your new Word document.
- Write the name for the document, and then click the “Save” button.
- Now, your PDF is saved as a Word document, you can open and edit it in Word
Convert a PDF to a Word Document Using Microsoft Word
Further, you can convert your PDF to a Word document with Microsoft Word. Sometimes, this method is not reliable as converting in Word often leads to style and formatting issues. But you can use it for simple documents. To do this, take the steps below:
- Firstly, click “File” on the Word ribbon.
- Secondly, proceed to click the “Open” button.
- Now, n the Open page, find your PDF is stored (This PC, OneDrive, whatever).
- Next, choose your PDF, and then click the “Open” button.
- You will get a warning showing that your new document may lose some of the formattings it had as a PDF. However, your original PDF will remain intact; their intention is to inform you that the new Word document you’re creating from the PDF may not look exactly the same. Click the “OK” button.
- Now, the Word converts the PDF and opens up your new Word document immediately.
Convert a PDF to a Word Document Using Google Docs
This is another safe and reliable way to convert your PDF to a Word document. You only have to follow 2 steps: first, convert the file to a Google Docs document, and then convert it to a Word document. Take the steps below:
- Firstly, go to your Google Drive, and then click the “New” button.
- Secondly, click the “File Upload” option.
- Thirdly, find your PDF file, and click the “Open” button.
- You will see your new file on your Google Drive.
- Now, right-click your file in Google Drive, click the “Open With” menu, and then click the “Google Docs” option.
- Now, you have your file open as a Google Doc document.
- Click the “File” menu.
- Lastly, go to the “Download As” menu, and then click the “Word Document (.docx)” option.
Your Google Docs file will be converted to Word format and downloaded to your local PC as a Word document. This is simple right? You can try it right away.
I hope you got value. Keep your questions in the comment section.