Do you know that you can easily create PDF documents? This is very simple. Just follow through with this article to learn. PDFs are very useful for sharing documents among many people. You can create these documents with another app and convert them to PDF. In this article, you will learn how to convert Microsoft Word documents to PDF.
How to Convert a Microsoft Word Document to a PDF
Do you have the desktop version of MSWord? Then, worry no more. Using Microsoft Word is the most ideal way to convert this to PDF. Take the steps below:
- Firstly, Open the document you want to convert and click on the ‘’File’’ tab.
- Secondly, click on ‘’Save As’’ from the list.
- Thirdly, on the Save As screen, choose where you want the PDF document to be saved (One Drive, This PC, a Folder or anywhere else.)
- Fourthly, proceed to the dropdown arrow on the right side of the ‘’Save As’’ type box and select PDF.
- Based on your preference, you can choose a name to call the folder when you click on the Save button. Once you save this PDF file, you will be returned to your Word document. The new PDF will open automatically in your default PDF viewer.
What if I don’t have Microsoft Word?
You must not use MS Word to convert documents to PDF, there are other options. If you don’t have Microsoft and will like o overt a document to PDF, you have the following options:
- LibreOffice: This is a free, open-source office app. It has the same features as Microsoft Office. From it, you can even open MS Word documents and convert them to PDFs.
- Google Drive: also, you can upload a word document to Google Drive, convert it to a Google document. After that, convert it to PDFs. This works perfectly well. It is very simple and fast. You don’t need much formatting since it is already in your Google Account.
- Conversion Website: There are so many websites that can help you convert Word documents to PDFs. Interestingly, they do this for free. One of them is freepdfconvert.com. This website works fast and it is secure. With a little formatting, the whole work is done within a few minutes. However, you can go for a paid subscription to get additional features like multiple documents at once and additional conversions. Also, paid subscriptions to help you to convert more types of files.
I hope you found this article resourceful. If you have a question, let us know in the comment section.