Do you have a challenge with your iPhone or MacBook Pro? It a cracked screen, battery, or charging problem? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, do not worry. There’s an app that can help you if you need tech support or repairs for your Apple device. Interestingly, you can easily set up a service appointment right from your iPhone. This can be done in a few minutes.
If you want to, take the device to the Apple store. Tell them the problem with your device and give them your name. Then, wait for an appointment. This completely depends on how busy they are, that can take a while—sometimes hours. What if you enjoy the convenience of making an appointment ahead of time? And you can do it right from your iPhone or iPad, or in any web browser. This is fast and easy.
How to Make a Genius bar Appointment from Your iPhone or iPad
Before you proceed, it is important to know that you can only make an in-person appointment for hardware support. If you need help setting up products and services, choose the option to call or chat with Apple Support, or walk into your local Apple Store.
If you can still manage your iPhone or iPad, you can make an Apple Store appointment with it. Take the steps below to do that:
- Firstly, download the Apple Support app from the App Store.
- Secondly, proceed to launch the app, and tap the “Get Started” button on the Welcome screen.
- Thirdly, on the Get Support page, you’ll see a list of all your Apple devices and services.
- Go ahead and choose the device you want to get help with. You can as well enter your challenge into the search bar.
- Lastly, follow all the prompts to choose your issue.
On the top of the screen, you will see your recommended support option. Under the Bring in for Repair banner, click the “Find Locations Now” button.
Also, if you don’t see the Bring in for Repair menu, click the “See All” link. On the All Support Options screen and click the “Bring in for Repair” option.
On the next page, you will see a list of nearby Apple Stores, choose the location you prefer.
Further, you can click the “Map” button at the top of the screen to see nearby Apple Store locations on it. Once you choose the location, choose a date and time too.
Lastly, go to the Summary page; check the details of your appointment, and click the “Reserve” button.
Note that before the appointment, you review Apple’s instructions for preparing your device for service. You must back up your device to save your information.
How to Make a Genius bar Appointment from Your Web Browser
However, in a situation that you can’t use the Apple Support app on your device, there is another option to set the appointment. You can use any other device while connected to the internet. Take the steps below:
- From your browser, go to the Apple Support website and enter your support issue in the search bar, or click the device or service you need help with.
- Click the “Start a Repair Request Today” link.
- Proceed to click the “Bring in for Repair” button, and then follow the prompts. It is easy, right?
How to Send In Your Device
After booking an appointment, you can decide not to go to the store but send in your device for repairs. In this case, Apple arranges shipping of your device to a nearby Apple Repairs Center. This is less stressful on your part but this kind of repair takes time. In most cases, it takes up to five business days.
I hope you found this very useful. Keep your questions in the comment section.