A fine dining restaurant is a restaurant that puts you in the mood to eat a good meal and leaves you physically and emotionally satisfied. This is because of the aesthetic designs you see there. Take a minute to imagine a restaurant with tables decorated in beautiful linens along with candles glittering and dancing off of crystal wine glasses in a forest-like setting. A mere sight of this scenario gives joy. Then, the aroma of the food makes you feel like you are already eating it. Everything from the: food, the restaurant, environment, background music, scenario, and all that is just in place and perfect. By the time you finish eating, your whole being is satisfied.
For first-timers, this sight can be intimidating. Do not let it bother you. Everything here is what you have seen before in different settings. If you do not know what to do at first, ask the waiter or waitress.
Fine Dining Restaurant Near Me – Find it on the Map
To find a fine dining restaurant near you, browse the map below. You will find a list of fine dining restaurants in your location. You can proceed to pick one that interests you. Read reviews on it, get to know their working hours and the kind of meals they serve.
Must you always wear a dinner jacket to a fine dining restaurant?
Appropriate dressing is very important for the fine dining experience. Men wear a jacket and tie while women wear gowns (dinner gowns) or a skirt with a fine blouse and heels. It is best to dress like you are going for a dinner party where you are the chief guest. However, wear something you feel relaxed and comfortable in. if not, it may ruin that moment for you. It is usually a moment to feel relaxed and enjoy your life.
Is it true that your cell phone should not be on the table at a fine dining restaurant?
To enjoy yourself in this kind of dining, you have to strictly follow the rules. The rules include:
- Keeping your elbows off the table.
- Plunking your keys, phones, purse or anything o the table is not allowed. It is best to put off your phones, do not go with a purse. However, if you went in a purse, keep it under the table but don’t forget it while going. Your car key ca stay in your pocket. This is meant to be a pleasurable moment; nothing should cause distractions or ruin it. No wonder so many rules.
Food Rules for Fine Dining
There are proper protocols you must follow to avoid offending the chef. The rules include the followings:
- Don’t eat until they serve everyone on your table. The host or hostess will tell you when to start eating especially if many people are o the table.
- Put the moderate quantity of food and meat in your mouth. If you need to remove food from your mouth, excuse yourself and go to do it privately.
- Do not salt your meal until you have tasted it. If possible, don’t salt it at all, the chef may find this embarrassing.
- If eating something with a pit in it, like an olive, you can remove the pit using your forefinger and thumb. Put the pits on the side of your plate. The same applies to other seasonings. Don’t ask for things that will enhance your meal.
- Do not ask for alternative dishes unless you have a health condition or allergies.
- To make a toast, just raise the glasses up, it is not good to bang them.