Deserve Edu Credit Card gives students a chance to build their credit history without many requirements. International students can even qualify for this credit card reward program. Initially referred to as Selfscore Achieve Mastercard, this credit card does not require your past credit history or Social Security Number for sign up.
For international students who can’t obtain SSN in a short time, this card is a great choice as a first credit card. The Deserve Edu Credit Card is issued by Celtic Bank and offers all students fair credit using new metrics, like your major, your financial resources, and other factors that show your potential for success.
Deserve Edu Credit Card Details
- Annual Fee – $0
- Intro APR – 0% APR on purchases and balance transfer for 15 months
- APR – 19.74% (Variable)
- Foreign Transaction Fee – 0%
- Rewards – 1% Cash Back on all purchases
- Requirements – US Bank Account, Passport, 1-20, Student Visa
- Initial Limit– Up to $5,000
Deserve Edu Credit Card Rewards/ Benefits
- Cardholders will be reimbursed by Deserve the cost of their Amazon Prime Student ($49.99 value) for one year.
- Earn 1% cashback on all purchases
- Has no foreign transaction fee
- Has no annual fee
- No prior credit history is needed
- Also, SSN optional
- Lastly, no security deposit
Deserve Edu Credit Card Requirements
This is a foreigner-friendly credit card: F1, M1, J1 visa holders are eligible to apply. If you are not a green cardholder nor a US Citizen, you’ll need to provide the following information and documents to apply.
- Firstly, university and major
- Secondly, an electronic copy of your passport and US Visa
- Thirdly, an electronic copy of your Form 1-20 / Form DS-2019
- Also, bank account information or the latest US bank statements (For newcomers: when you have a bank account in the US, you will get a bank statement every month)
- Green card holders or US citizens will need to provide the SSN, quite like applying for any other credit card.
Your credit history can be built with this card. They will report the new account to 2 of the 3 credit bureaus after about 3 months of use: Experian (EX) and Transunion (TU).