Commonwealth Rewards Credit Card is the largest rewards program of any bank in Australia. The Card is issued by Commonwealth Bank and rewards users with Award points that do not expire. Points can be redeemed in-store at Myer and Flight Centre or from over 1,000 Award items.
In case you don’t have enough points for the reward you desire, you can use Points Plus Pay. This enables you to use the Award points you have now, then use your credit card to make up the difference.
Commonwealth Rewards Credit Card Rates and Fees
- Firstly, annual Fee – $119
- Secondly, purchase interest rate – 20.24% p.a.
- Thirdly, cash advance interest rate – 21.24% p.a.
Commonwealth Rewards Credit Card Features
- Firstly, get up to 2 Awards points for every dollar spent
- Secondly, extended warranty and purchase security insurances
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
Note: there’s an annual fee of $119 and the purchase interest rate is higher than Low Rate credit cards.
Commonwealth Rewards Credit Cards Earn Points
- Up to 2 award points for every dollar, you spend on your CommBank Gold Awards American Express® card overseas and at supermarkets, department stores, and petrol stations in Australia.
- Get 0.5 points per dollar spent using your American Express card everywhere else
- Get 1 Awards point for every dollar you spend on your CommBank Gold Awards Mastercard®
- Earn up to 75,000 points a year (60,000 points per year if you have opted in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct)
- Earn bonus Awards points when you make purchases with your credit card at one of our Bonus Partners.
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Rewards credit card
- Compare your credit card options
- Click online application once you’ve found the card you wish to apply for.
- The application form will be different depending on your card of choice.
- Provide your details, this includes personal details, contact details, and address, Referee details, income, monthly expenses, assets and liabilities, current employment details, employer’s address
- Your card preferences – this includes balance transfer, additional cardholders, credit limit, credit limit increase invitation
- Submit your application.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest