Earn cash back virtually everywhere with Capital One Platinum MasterCard for Costco members. This Card can serve both as your credit card and your Costco membership card. It comes with no annual fee and there’s no limit on how much you can earn. Other benefits and features of the Capital One Platinum MasterCard for Costco members are outlined below.
Capital One Platinum MasterCard Benefits
- Firstly, earn 3% on restaurant purchases, 2% on gas purchases, and up to 1% on all other purchases
- Secondly, if you use your Capital One credit card to buy a new item in Canada that is offered for sale at a lower price within 60 days of purchase. $100 per item and $500 per calendar are paid to you via Price Protection Service.
- Thirdly, you get automatic insurance against theft, loss, or damage for most personal items purchased anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase when the full cost of the item is charged to your Capital One credit card. Covered items will be replaced or repaired or the purchase price reimbursed at the insurance company’s discretion.
- Fourthly, you enjoy extended warranty coverage that automatically doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to 2 Years. When you use your Capital One credit card to purchase most personal items (and the full cost of the item is charged to your card).
- Firstly, it provides 24/7 assistance for medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, lost documents and ticket replacements, lost luggage assistance. And legal referrals when traveling outside your province of residence. Any costs that accrue with these services are charged to your capital one credit card
- Secondly, you are eligible for reimbursement of up to $100 per day for up to 3 days to purchase essential items if your checked baggage is delayed for more than four hours at your away-from-home destination. Simply charge the full cost of your tickets to your capital one credit card
- Thirdly, you get insured if your rental car is damaged or stolen when you rent the car for a period of up to 31 days. Just charge the full cost of your car rental to your capital one credit card and decline the collision damage waiver insurance offered by the rental agency (you could save $20-$30 per day)
- Fourthly, your spouse and dependent children are insured against accidental loss of life or dismemberment for up to $250,000 while traveling on a common carrier (for example, a bus, cruise, plane, or train). You can achieve this by simply charging your fare to your capital one credit card.
Cash Back Rewards- not just at Costco
- Firstly, the card is accepted at over 35 million locations worldwide. Be it at the mall, the grocery store, or on vacation, you’ll earn cashback on every purchase you make
- Secondly, 3% on restaurant purchases
- Thirdly, 2% on gas purchases
- Also, 5% on the first $3,000 you spend annually on all other purchases, and 1% after that
- There’s no limit on how much you can earn
- Lastly, get your cashback in January as a rebate coupon you can use to shop at Costco.