When your toddlers refuse to eat, there’s cause for concern because they’ll miss out on all the essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for their healthy growth and development, which is why we bring you the best vitamins for 2-year-olds.
Vitamins are very essential for the healthy growth of the body and is a must-have for every healthy body. Thus even if your kids clear up the meals you place before them, it is still advisable to include vitamins in their meals.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended some vitamins that are ideal for kids. Here there are ;
Best Vitamins for 2 Year Old Toddler
SmartyPants Vegetarian Organic Kids Daily
SmartyPants vegetarian organic kids daily are adjudged to be the best vitamins for kids. It is decked with a special blend of essential vitamins and nutrients packed into an organic chewable gummy, which makes it easy for your 2-year-old kid to ingest and acquire the benefits the supplement offers.
This unique vitamin is also suitable for the rest of the family and contains 14 essential nutrients. They include vitamin D for the development of strong bones and teeth, zinc to promote healthy hair, skin, and nails, vitamin B12 and omega-3 for immunity, as well as vitamin C for healthy gums and for the absorption of calcium in diets.
- Each of the 120 gummies contains probiotics to aid in digestion for your kids.
- No artificial colors or sweeteners
- Free of gluten, gelatin, milk, selfish, or other naturally occurring allergens.
Zarbee’s Naturals Toddler Complete Multivitamin Gummies
If you need a multivitamin that gives you great value for your money then Zarbee’s it is. The Zarbee’s multivitamin is the creation of a pediatrician and contains the optimal portion of vitamins and supplements ideal for your 2-year-old child’s healthy growth, strong immune system, as well as all-round development.
- Easy to chew gums
- Naturally flavored and sweetened with honey.
- Each bottle comes with 110 chewable gums and contains vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, C, D3, E, B12, folic acid as well as other nutrients to aid the development of strong and healthy bones, teeth growth and great metabolism.
- It is produced with vegetarian pectin, that are soft and easy to chew and contains no extra drugs, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, gluten, or flavors.
JoySpring Liquid Organic Vitamins for Kids
For the best liquid multivitamin in the market, we have the JoySpring liquid organic vitamin. This vitamin is a completely organic food supplement that is made from natural herbs that taste very great and is accompanied with a dropper that allows for easy dispensing for kids.
- Gives your kids all the necessary vitamins needed to boost their immune system, maintain optimal health, and helps them to perform at peak levels consistently.
- Most of the vitamins and minerals include vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, etc.
- Sugar, nut, and gluten-free.
- JoySpring Liquid Organic vitamin has a shelf life of 4 years.
Other Chewable Vitamins for 2 Year Olds Options
Apart from the three chewable vitamins mentioned above, these chewable vitamins, are also recommended for children that are likely to enjoy them.
Trace Minerals Complete Children’s Chewable Multivitamin
This multivitamin for children is a chewable supplement that has a nice raspberry flavor that contains all the essential vitamins and minerals you would expect from a great product.
- Trace Minerals Complete vitamin is sweetened with natural pure stevia, inulin, and sorbitol. The wafer contains vitamins A, C, D, E, B, and K.
- It contains also, minerals like calcium, magnesium, iodine, iron, biotin, and zinc.
- A pack contains 2 bottles of 60 tablets each that your kid that relish for a long time.
Renzo’s Iron Strong Vitamins for Kids
Renzo’s Iron Strong is formulated specifically to curb iron deficiency in kids which is one of the major mineral deficiencies in children.
- Carbonyl iron is used in place of ferrous sulfate (iron salts). No side effect in the tummy.
- It contains vitamin C which promotes healthy gums and absorbing calcium in the body.
- It contains other minerals like mannitol and magnesium stearate.
- Made of natural orange flavor sweetened with monk fruit extract
Essential Vitamins for 2 Year Olds
A fat-soluble nutritional organic compound that is naturally found in foods as retinol and carotene. If there’s a deficiency of vitamin A, your child will need 1000 IU daily of vitamin A to support proper immune response, healthy skin, bone, and tissue repair, as well as the development of the eyes.
Foods Rich in Vitamin A
Carrots, vegetables, milk, cheese, eggs, and squash.
Vitamin B consists of eight different classes. The most essential of them is vitamin B12 which are collectively known as vitamin B complex. This vitamin, aids in metabolism, energy production, and the development of circulatory and nervous systems.
Foods Rich in Vitamin B
Foods such as vegetables, meat, poultry products, milk, and bread.
Also known as ascorbic acid, vitamin C helps babies and toddlers absorb iron from the foods they eat. Iron we know is very essential for the formation of healthy red blood cells in transporting oxygen around the body. Thus it is important for healthy brain development.
Foods Rich in Vitamin C
Oranges, cantaloupe, green peas, broccoli, and green and red peppers.
Here, we have a vitamin that helps in the absorption of calcium in foods to promote healthy, strong bones in kids. Vitamin D also helps safeguard kids against chronic diseases later on in life. Kids need at least 400 IU daily of vitamin D according to research. Vitamin D supplement is to be added to a daily diet of a kid on a vegan or vegetarian diet.
Even though supplements are as good as they come, it is advised that if you have any concerns about your 2 year old’s vitamin consumption or requirements, you should first have a chat with the baby’s doctor because every kid is different.
This is because some may be allergic to some ingredients in the drugs, thus a doctor’s advice is needed before any supplement is introduced.