Sufficient best vitamins and multivitamins for1-year-olds are very essential from children especially if it comes from the food they consume. Thus a child’s food must be a healthy balanced diet that consists of all the dairy products, leafy greens, and fruits, as well as protein and whole grains.
The benefits of multivitamins cannot be overemphasized, but be it as it may, before you go buying one for your one-year-old kid, ensure to check the labels to confirm the nutritional contents. Ensure also that you get a multivitamin with the best bioavailable form, great taste, and one that contains fewer additives and supplies all the necessary ingredients your child needs for his/her age level.
The best multivitamin, for children, is supposed to have approximately fifty to seventy percent of the daily value of these vitamins for optimum results for the child’s needs.
Even though this ought to be the case, oftentimes children rarely get all of these essential nutrients from their day to day diet which necessitates the use of multivitamins which helps kids get the nutrients they need.
Before you buy multivitamins, there are criteria you need to follow to get the best supplement.
- Your preferred multivitamin should be highly bioavailable to ensure that it is absorbed into the system of the child.
- Make sure you check the labels to check the nutritional contents and the vitamin levels.
- Also, ensure that you choose a trusted brand manufactured to meet the proper pharmaceutical standards.
- You should also consider the age of your child before choosing a multivitamin. This is a very important factor considering that the nutritional requirements of children vary at different stages of their life.
On this note, we bring you the best multivitamins for children which must have roughly fifty to seventy percent of the daily value of these vitamins.
Best Vitamins and Multivitamins for 1 Year Olds
Nordic Naturals – Children’s DHA
A Nordic Naturals – Children’s DHA, Healthy Cognitive Development and Immune Function multivitamin that comes with a mixture of fish oil to ensure that your infant gets all necessary nutrients they need. This multivitamin also comes in the most absorbable and bioavailable form to help in assimilation into your baby’s system. It is flavored with natural strawberry.
- Comes in a large bottle
- Easy to absorb
- Improves a child focus
- Boosts a child’s vocal ability
- Easily mixed
- Great flavor.
- Has fishy smell
- It does not come with a dropper.
This is one of the best multivitamins out there in the market. It fortified with Iron supplement and is sweetened with a natural Raspberry Grape Flavor and is ideal for children below 4 years old. NovaFerrum multivitamin is free of any added iron salt and is made with the polysaccharide-iron complex as it’s a base ingredient.
- Free of additives like sugar, alcohol, dye, gluten, peanuts, corn dairy, and soy.
- Independently verified for Kosher and Vegans.
- Contains vitamins A, B, and D.
- Comes with a built-in dropper.
- Can result in stomach upset.
- Makes the baby’s poop a little constipated and inconsistent.
Nordic Naturals Gummies
For our premium choice, we have the Nordic naturals gummies. These multivitamin berries are produced in the US and come from a reputed and trustworthy brand with the best combinations of natural ingredients. It is a chewable vitamin for children and adults alike and offers the necessary vitamins and nutrients needed for the immune system, bone health, development, and overall health.
It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants giving out a delicious sweet and sour citrus multivitamin that supports good nutrition and wellness as part of a healthy diet. Each serving of nordic berries gives your growing child ten of the most essential nutrients which include zinc and vitamins A, C, D3, and E.
- Great sweet-and-sour citrus taste.
- It offers nutrition for the whole family
- No artificial ingredients or preservatives.
- Provides necessary vitamins and minerals
- Made of high-quality ingredients and products.
- Certified vegetarian
- It has a bad smell.
Rainbow Light – Kids One™ Chewable Multivitamin & Mineral
This is one yummy vegetable multivitamin that your child would love. Rainbow kids multivitamins contain the nutrients your child needs for optimal growth. It is rich in probiotics that improve digestive health and the immune system.
- It contains a large number of bioavailable ingredients.
- It doesn’t come with unpopular additives like soy, gluten, dairy, etc.
- No artificial dye
- Contains iron.
- Comes in large sizes
- Has a chalk-like taste.
This is an all-inclusive kid’s multivitamin. The Flintstone gummies multivitamin comes widely recommended by pediatricians as one of the best kid’s chewable vitamins. It offers an excellent support to a child’s immune system because of its blend of vitamin C, E, and Zinc.
- Uniquely shaped gummies
- Boost immune system
- Moderately easy to chew
- It looks like a treat to children.
- Widely recommended by pediatricians.
- Has a poor smell
- Difficult to chew
- Great value
- Does not contain iron or thiamine
- Gummies may come melted.
On a Final Note
Multivitamins are good, but before you go shopping for one for your one year old kid, ensure to check the labels to confirm the nutritional contents. Ensure also that you get a multivitamin with the best bioavailable form, great taste, and one that contains fewer additives and supplies all the necessary ingredients your child needs for his/her age level.
Since most children rarely get all these nutrients from their daily diets, you might be worried as a parent and would want to give them the best supplement possible to checkmate deficiency.
So since we know that as a mother you want to see that your child gets the best of health treatment he/she desires, but still don’t be in a hurry to administer any multivitamin without due consultation with your baby’s doctor. This is because every child is peculiar and has different needs. Know yours before you purchase to avoid self-medication that can lead to dire consequences.
Note, not all infants are deficient in these important vitamins.