There are a lot of protein shakes out there but getting a good one can be quite challenging if you don’t know what you’d look out for. In this post, you will find the best protein shakes for men including their pros and cons to enable you to make a guided decision.
Protein is essential for a balanced diet and a healthy life but it is not always possible to get a sufficient amount from your daily meals. This why you need to make a protein shake part of your diet.
A good protein shake taken before and after a workout helps to quicken the ability of your muscles to recover. The amino acids contained in protein are a great resource for the body when it comes to building lean muscles. We carefully researched the market to provide you with the best choices of protein shakes that provide you with just exactly what you need to support your health and grow lean muscles and allow you to lose weight while staying more satiated and full. The products in this list contain less amount of sugar and come in the most bioavailable quality. Check out the best protein shakes for men. You can check out our other article on Best Post Workout Protein Powders.
List Of Top Protein Shakes For Men
1. Premier Nutrition High Protein Shake
Premier Nutrition High Protein Shake can serve as a great and healthy daily meal substitute or snack. It is called a Shake, so make sure you give it a good shake before you drink to get the most out of it and help you enjoy it most. You can try different flavors such as chocolate and so on.
- It comes in a convenient and good shelf-life span.
- It is amazingly
- Low calorific content, better taken cold and if you take it in the afternoon, it helps to curb your appetite.
- The taste is not bad and better than most protein shakes out there.
- It is definitely a great product and a good value for money spent on the nutritional values it provides.
- These are great protein shake that provides amazing filling effect and tastes great.
- It is mild on the stomach
- The shake mixture is thick and chunky and the consistency varies.
- It boosts and improves your overall health.
- It is a bit pricey.
- It doesn’t come with a replacement cap.
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Whey makes use of natural Whey Protein Isolates as the base ingredient. This protein shake is made from hundred percent extracts of whey protein. Whey concentrate and whey isolate are the most popular and effective protein powders for muscle building. With this, you can achieve your daily protein nutritional needs without worrying about the calorie build up. It also comes in varieties of flavor such as banana, strawberry, and smoothie, however, the banana flavor is stronger than the natural banana.
- This is great for people who want to lose weight and gain lean muscle mass.
- It provides the right nutritional needs with fewer calories.
- It mixes well with water
- They are not supplied with a scoop
- It is quite expensive although the product is great, it shouldn’t cost that much.
- It tastes more like a chocolate drink but with artificial flavor.
- Mixing with milk gives a better and yummier taste.
- It may not be great for individuals whose body cannot tolerate whey
- It can result in bloating, gas, cramping, and other digestive issues for individuals who find it difficult to tolerate.
- Doesn’t taste great when mixed with water
- It comes with after taste.
3. Lean 180 Muscle Mix – Best Weight Loss Protein Shake for Men
Lean 180 muscle mix is one of the best protein shakes for men. It comes in a blend of seven different proteins and MCT Powder. These greatly help to improve your satiation, curb your appetite and reduce hunger.
- Best weight loss protein shake for men.
- It reduces your appetite and ability to burn fat.
- Boosts the formation of lean muscle.
- It tastes great and mixes well unlike a few related brands of protein shakes.
- It doesn’t come with any form of after taste.
- The shipping always arrives as expected with great customer service.
- It is a great product with excellent quality.
- It provides you with the top quality of the protein you require for your workouts and helps to boost your energy for hours. Also, It comes in different flavors like chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavor and tastes delicious.
- It comes with a lot of chemical mixtures.
4. LABRADA NUTRITION – Lean Body RTD Whey Protein Shake
Looking for a protein shake to take while on the go? Labrada’s Lean Body protein shake is the one.
It doesn’t contain any amount of sugar and a great option for individuals who are on a carb-free diet. It helps you to burn fat while building your desired muscle mass.
- It tastes absolutely delicious and much more than related brands of protein shakes.
- It is fantastic on its own but can taste better with juice or blended together with a smoothie.
- The texture is smooth and the taste is a bit chalky but it doesn’t come without after taste.
- It is fulfilling meal replacement and contains fiber with low carb content
- The product is well packed and shipped as stated
- They taste great especially the vanilla flavor. The banana flavor is also great
- They are a fantastic blend for Keto!
- It provides you with the right nutritional blend needed after a workout to help you recover quickly.
- This works faster at helping you stay lean.
- Although the taste is great to many people, some people find it difficult to tolerate.
- It’s not very cost-effective.
- They are heavy on some stomach.
5. Garden of Life Meal Replacement – Organic Raw Plant-Based Protein Powder
Garden of Life RAW Organic Meal is a great already made organic food that fulfills most of your nutritional needs and boosts your satiation. It helps you to control weight gain and feel better. It is made up of organic blends of seven products’ nutrition including fruits, vegetables, green juices, enzymes and a lot more.
- It is an amazing product
- Doesn’t contain allergens like gluten, soy or dairy and doesn’t come with additives and preservatives.
- It is very effective and beneficial and comes with noticeable changes.
- Comes with quality ingredients
- It keeps you more satiated and helps you to lose weight
- The shipping arrives fast
- It creates a sense of fullness and makes you eat less.
- It improves your poop.
- The taste is horrible and may not be your choice if you are concerned about taste
- They are much more like raw food.
- They also do not smell great. The sight and texture is also not attractive
- It has a characteristic taste that’d make you want to gag.
- The unflavored version has an awful after taste.
- The mixture is a bit grainy but the nutritional value you’d get when you take would make you crave for more.
To make it better to drink, drink it as soon as you mix it and not allow it to stay longer. The more it stays the thicker it becomes. Avoid mixing it with banana. Doing that makes it thicker. You can make it easier to drink by mixing it with some juice or smoothie. Overall, it is a great product if you can manage the taste and gulp it in.
Table of Contents
List Of Top Protein Shakes For Men
#1. Premier Nutrition High Protein Shake
#2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
#3. Lean 180 Muscle Mix, Best Weight Loss Protein Shake for Men
#4. LABRADA NUTRITION – Lean Body RTD Whey Protein Shake
#5. Garden of Life Meal Replacement – Organic Raw Plant-Based Protein Powder.