Today, we going to be looking deep in this all-important topic Best Multivitamin For Active Women. Women generally require multivitamins to support body functions and maintain their overall wellbeing but the needs of active women differ a lot from others. Active women need to supplement with the best multivitamin to boost their nutritional intake, hormones and help them stay healthy.
If you are an active woman, you require more vitamin D than other women. The more active you are, the more vitamin D you’ll require to avoid being deficient which can result in bone and muscle malfunction. A multivitamin with at least 600 IUs vitamin D helps you to develop strong bones, boost your immune system, regulate blood pressure and lessen the risk of suffering from breast cancer. However, all women should aim for 1,000 IUs daily but the best multivitamin for active women should contain up to 2,000 IUs. There are certain criteria you need to consider when choosing a multivitamin for active women; the first and most important is the constituent of the multivitamin, its bioavailability, its efficiency, how safe it is and the side effects. To ensure what you buy is the best multivitamin for the active woman, always check the label for the content. Check out the basic vitamin need for an active woman.
Basic Vitamin Need For An Active Woman
When it comes to being a healthy active woman, the list of the things that most people want includes strong bones, energy, radiant skin, great hair, elevated mood and so much more. It starts with eating the right things then, supplementing with the right vitamins. So, here is a list of some of the best vitamins and minerals that should be readily available for active women, based on what they do and how they can improve women’s health.
- Vitamin A: This is a well known antioxidant vitamin which helps to maintain healthy skin, promote the growth of body cell as well as increase body metabolism. It can give you that flawless, radiant and ageless look that you desire.
- Vitamin D: As mentioned earlier, vitamin D is important for bone health. If you live in a region with less sunlight; places like Seattle, or Alaska for instance, it’s important to supplement this vitamin. This is because vitamin D can be derived from sunshine, that’s why it’s called sunshine vitamin.
Vitamin D helps in the regulation of calcium and phosphorus, both of which has a direct impact on the health of the body bones.
- Calcium: Alongside phosphorus, and vitamin D, calcium helps in the maintenance of a good musculoskeletal system. It also has a vital role in the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Folic Acid: Folic acid is essential for maintaining an efficient cardiovascular system amongst other important functions. This vitamin also helps in the production of the red blood cell. It’s been scientifically proven that women who supplement their folate consumption are less susceptible to hypertension.
Aside from that, folic acid also helps prevent alteration to the DNA structure. Alteration in DNA has been linked to cancer, thus supplementing folic acid consumption can help prevent cancer in an active female. In pregnant women, folic acid also helps in preventing miscarriage as well as some other congenital anomalies.
- Biotin: For your hair to have that glossy, shiny look, you need biotin. Deficiency of biotin has been linked to rapid weight loss during pregnancy, as well as malnutrition. Supplementing biotin has been shown to help in preventing hair loss as well as brittle nails.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a very important vitamin, well known for immune defense. Its importance cannot be overemphasized. It is also used as an anti-aging component, as it has antioxidant properties, that help prevent the accumulation of free radicals in the body.
- Iron: Iron is synonymous with blood building which makes it a very important mineral. It is responsible for the distribution of oxygen in the blood, thus providing the body with the necessary amount of oxygen via the bloodstream. It’s also responsible for the formation of hemoglobin.
- Magnesium: Most active females suffer from an occasional migraine, as a result of stress. Magnesium has been shown to help prevent migraines. Aids digestion as well as relieves constipation. It also has a calming effect and can help treat cases of insomnia.
- Herbs: Herbs are healthy sources of most of the vitamins mentioned above. It also has amazing health benefits.
Top 5 Best Multivitamin For Active Women
#1. Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins
Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins is an all-inclusive multivitamin that you can chew, just like a gummy candy. It is specially formulated to cater to the special needs of women. Vitafusion is naturally flavored and contains seventy-five servings in each bottle. You only need to take 2 each day to get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs as a woman. It is yummy and can easily be taken compared to other pills.
- Yummy and yummy
- They enhance food taste
- Easily swallowed
- Boosts energy
- Contains gelatin
- Can melt in transit if not cared for
#2. Centrum Silver Women Multivitamin
Centrum silver women multivitamin is recommended by physicians and pharmacist as a supplement for Vitamin D3. It is an all-inclusive woman multivitamin which supports bone and muscle health inactive women over 50 years. It is very safe and doesn’t contain gluten and is GMO-free.
- Contains Vitamin D and Calcium for bones and 100 mcg of B12.
- R brand.
- Boosts the health of both the digestive and immune system.
- Energy booster.
- Improves nail growth
- Good value for the price
- Has a high concentration of vitamins B6 and B12
#3. SmartyPants Women’s Complete Gummy Vitamins
- Easy to chew and swallow
- Free of GMOs and allergen or artificial colors and flavors.
- Contains all healthy and high-quality vitamins
- Great taste with no aftertaste
- Quick working
- Boosts energy
- Improves skin and hair.
- Can be too sweet for some
- Large serving quantity
- Very soft
#4. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women, Women’s Multivitamin
- Great energy boost
- Great for your hair and nails growth
- Clears up skin
- No side effects
- Great value for money.
- Strong aftertaste.
#5. Rainbow Light – Women’s One Multivitamin
The Rainbow Light – Women’s One Multivitamin is made up of probiotics and plant-sourced enzymes. It is easily digestible and bioavailable. It’s formulated to support the health of the bone, heart, skin, and breast and contains a blend of B-complex, vitamin D3, and iron. It comes with adequate nutrients for bone building, B-complex to boost your energy and help you to manage your stress and heart health. It also comes with iron to replenish your monthly flow.
- No artificial additives
- Boost your immune system.
- Not nauseous
- Contains enzymes for digestion
- One serving per day
- Not great tasting
- Can leave a smell on hands
We have carefully selected the top 5 effective multivitamins for active women bearing all the necessary criteria in mind. You can derive your required amount of Vitamin D, iron, folic acid and another important vitamin necessary to maintain a healthy life while on the go. All our five tops picks of Best multivitamin for women are high quality, will boost your energy and keep you healthy.
Table of Contents
- Best Multivitamins For Active Women
- Basic Vitamin Need For An Active Women
- Top 5 Multivitamins For Active Women
- #1. Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins
- #2. Centrum Silver Women Multivitamin
- #3. SmartyPants Women’s Complete Gummy Vitamins
- #4. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women, Women’s Multivitamin
- #5. Rainbow Light – Women’s One Multivitamin.