Best Insoluble Fiber Supplements
The best insoluble fiber supplements aids in the proper bowel movement and protects you from suffering from bowel problems like constipation. Fiber is also known as roughage which is the part of plant food that is undigested.
Before we bring you the different insoluble fiber supplements brands that we feel are top choice, let’s first understand what a soluble and insoluble fiber is.
Difference Between Soluble and Insoluble Fiber
Fibers consists of two types, they are the soluble and insoluble fiber.
Soluble Fiber: The soluble fiber is commonly found in fiber supplements. Thisfiber, dissolves in water thereby reducing the rate of digestion. It soaks up water from your food which is responsible for digestion retardation which helps in the regulation of blood sugar.
Insoluble Fiber: Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water. It is responsible for making bulky stool and aids movement through the digestive tract. It comes in handy for those who have constipation, or poor bowel movement. Insoluble fiber, neutralizes the PH condition of your intestines and inhibits colon cancer. It is commonly found in seeds, nuts, fruit skin, maize, dark green leafy veggies, wheat bran and whole grains.
Fiber Rich Foods
These are some of the foods that are rich in fiber;
- Whole meal or whole-wheat bread, biscuits and also flour.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grain breakfast cereals like All-Bran, Bran Flakes, Weetabix, Shredded Wheat, muesli etc.
- Brown rice, and whole meal spaghetti as well as other whole meal pasta.
Thus, supplements produced to stand in for these high fibered foods are known as high fiber supplements.
Now, let’s get started with a list of the best insoluble fiber supplements in the market.
Garden of Life Super Seed –Fiber Supplement with Protein and Omega
The Garden of Life Super Seed – Fiber Supplement with Protein and Omega has probiotic component that majorly functions in detoxifying the gut, to ensure that you get a health digestive system all through. It offers a good blend of insoluble and soluble fiber (even though the percentage of insoluble fiber is higher), and also contains a considerable amount of protein, iron and calcium. It is the ideal fiber supplement for gastrointestinal health and is perfect for those suffering from constipation. All the ingredients of the fiber powder are churned from organic source which makes it gluten free and vegetarian-friendly.
- Aids bowel movement while improving the overall GIT health.
- It is gluten free.
- A vegetarian friendly product
- Contains a considerable quantity of protein, iron and calcium.
- The perfect fiber supplement for gastrointestinal health.
Dr. Natura Unifiber, Natural Fiber Supplement
The Dr. Natura Unifiber, Natural Fiber Supplement is one of the products with absolute insoluble fiber. It is free of soluble fiber of whatever quantity. It is produced of cellulose (plant based), xanthan gum and malodextrindevoid of sugar content. This product comes highly recommend for bloating and a scoop of the powder contains 3g of insoluble fiber and 1g of carb.
- Perfect fit for clearing out the bowel and make your poop bulky.
- Helps with bowel movement
- Contains absolute insoluble fiber
- No sugar content.
Garden of Life Detox Fiber Supplement – Organic DetoxiFiber
A scoop of the Garden of Life Detox Fiber Supplement – Organic DetoxiFibercontains 4g of insoluble fiber and 1g of soluble fiber. It also contains dietary fibers, sodium, protein and negligible quantity of fat all of which are gotten from flax seed, chia seed, alfalfa grass, etc. The higher percentage of insoluble fiber in the powder makes resisting intestinal solvent, which aids digestion and bowel movement as expected. This products also guards against breakdown in the intestine which makes the absorbed toxin get recirculated back into the body system.
- Borne out of organic ingredients
- Contains dietary fibers and other components like sodium, protein and negligible quantity of fat, all of which come from flax seed, chia seed, alfalfa grass etc.
- Resistant to intestinal solvent, which aids digestion and bowel movement as expected.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Superfood Fiber
The Garden of Life Raw Organic Superfood Fiber scoop is made up of 9g of dietary fiber, 5g of which is insoluble fiber. This product is a certified organic product, a non GMO product, which makes it vegan friendly because it is produced from organic products. It also contains a unique component of the powder (Bacillus coagulans) which is a popular probiotics that is known to improve general bowel health.
- WMade of 9g of dietary fiber, 5g of which is insoluble fiber.
- A certified organic product, a non GMO product.
- It is vegan friendly.
- Each scoop also contains other nutritional supplement like carbohydrate, protein, omega-3-fatty acid and fat.
- Contains Bacillus coagulans, which is a popular probiotics, known to improve general health.
- Does not contain psyllium, making it suitable for sensitive colon.
Dr. Natura Colonix All Natural Intestinal Cleanser
The Dr. Natura Colonix All Natural Intestinal Cleanser is a blend of different organic materials which are known to aid bowel movement and improve gastrointestinal health. The percentage of insoluble fiber present in this product is not explicitly stated, but the total quantity of dietary fiber is about 8g per serving. For some people, it may take a while before you start seeing the effect, but most people tend to see it kick in in about three to four days after first use. Once the effects starts kicking in, bowel movement becomes relatively easy.
- Does not have an awful taste
- Contains sodium, psyllium husk, flax seed, papaya fruit, and alfalfa leaf.
- Aids bowel movement and improve gastrointestinal, because it is made up of various organic materials.
Boosting your fiber intake
In as much as fiber is good for the body, increase in the intake of fiber may result to a bloated stomach mostly in people who have bowel problem.
Thus you may be able to reduce such effects by eating more of soluble fiber and also altering your fiber intake In these forms;
- Take more of whole meal bread instead of white bread.
- Go for whole grain types instead of artificial cereals.
- In place of white rice and pasta, go for brown colored rice and paste.
- Add additional vegetable to mince, casseroles, soups, stews or curries
- Take more of high fiber foods and add more seeds into your soup, salads or yoghurts
- Eat fruits and vegetable skins when possible. Also you can look for dietary fiber supplements.
- Eat more of vegetable of fruit snacks.
Downsides of Fiber Supplement
Note that excess fiber intake, especially in supplement form, may cause some adverse effects like gas, bloating and diarrhea in some people. One study investigated this in adults with fecal incontinence.
Some of the participants were known to experience mild side effect, like belching, bloating, and gas. Note, you are more likely to experience side effects if you exceed the recommended dosage.
On the whole, consult your doctor if you’re on medication that could interfere with the fiber supplements.