The Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa Card is one of the cards offered by the credit union. The Card offers 2% cash back on every purchase excluding an annual fee. When your annual spending exceeds ~$12K, then you can upgrade to an Alliant Visa Signature card for more benefits. You need to be a member of Alliant Credit Union to apply for the card.
If you are not an employee & retirees of select organizations, a relative of existing Alliant members, a member of select organizations, or live or work in a qualifying community, you can at least make a one-time $10 donation to Foster Care to successfully to become a member. So technically, anyone in the U.S. can apply for this card.
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa Card Benefits
- Firstly, the annual Fee: None
- Secondly, sign up Bonus: 5,000 points after spending $500 within 3 months
- Rewards: 2X points everywhere with Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa Card
How to use your rewards points: You can redeem points for cash; travel, gift cards, merchandise, or charity. Note that the cash redemption rate is $0.01 per point, and this card is essentially a 2% Cashback card.
How to Join Alliant Credit Union
To apply for an Alliant credit card, you first need to join the Alliant Credit Union. The procedures are as follows:
- Click on the “Become a Member” green button at the top right side of the Alliant web site
- Click on the “Another way to qualify” gray button twice until the “Find Out If You Are Eligible” header comes up
- Select the “ Freelancers Union” radio button from the list of qualified organizations
- Click on Continue green button, and finish the steps.
Alliant won’t verify the Freelancers Union information, but even if they verify, you can register one easily for free.
Recommended Application Time
The recommended time to apply for this card is after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card routine.
How to Apply for the Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa Card
- Firstly, visit the Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa Card page
- Secondly, click “Apply Online” on the next page, click “ Apply as a new member
- Thirdly, read through the business clauses and click “ I agree” on the next page
- Also, answer details about the card and click continue
- Lastly, on the next pages, in the fields provided, enter applicant information, income details and submit the application.